Tuesday, December 04, 2007

What's a mom to do?

"Mom my bed is all wet!" (Oscar is still wearing "buzz undies" aka pull-ups to bed)

"Well, then we will change the sheets. Tonight we will need to make sure you don't drink as much water."

12 hours later (Currently)
"Mom I really need a drink"...repeated over and over again...
"my belly is alllll driied upppppp!"
"I'm going to die without a drink!!!!"

Oscar you may not have a drink. You will wet through your pull up again. Sorry...

"Mom I really need a drink"...repeated over and over again...
"my belly is alllll driied upppppp!"
"I'm going to die without a drink!!!!"

As much as I would like to give my child a drink, I know that he will wake up all wet! What would you other, more loving and kind mothers do?

3 comments:

mummy said...

My little boy almost always woke up wet. We would pull the covers back and let it dry. Sometimes we would wash the sheets. We had a plastic cover over the mattress. Do you still do that on your bed?

j said...

seeing how my 3.5 year old is still refusing to potty, my probable reaction would be to give him a drink. kellen will likely go to college in his diapers... my "i wish i was tougher than that" mommy self would hold out and let him use up additional water while crying. :) my limited experience with child psych issues also points to the wait it out option, and my sympathetic mommy self recommends ear plugs- or blaming daddy- always a successful strategy at our house :) good luck!

Rachel said...

When we were first training Sam he was having the same problems. I would get him up right before I went to bed and have him go potty. He would only part way wake up and then go strait back to sleep. I don't think one drink of water (as long as it's not a big drink) is going to make a difference either way.